Sunday, April 10, 2016

The silent room


-Dad?
It came suddenly from the floor below. The little one was awake. I excused myself with a smile to my wife, dropped my knife and fork and went down the stairs.
He sat upright in bed and rubbed his eyes. His teddy bear beside him was still sleeping.
-Hey, are you awake, I asked.
-Are you at home, he asked.
-Yes, now I`m home.
I laid down beside him. He laid himself into my arm. We were lying quiet like this for a while. Then he took a deep breath.
-Have you been at work for a long time, he asked.
He had already learned this polite forest conversation.
-Yes, I replied. -But now I`m home.
-Mm, he said.
Then it was quiet again, in this gloom nursery. It kinda lived it`s own life, this room. It was as if it breathed just as quiet and peaceful. Together with the boy. And the teddy bear.
The boy took a deep breath again.
-Can you tell a story about The Little Goblin, he asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment